Saturday, July 31, 2010

ILU: Music!

I am a proud music-lover. And I'd like to think that my taste has some range: from Vitas to Vanessa Carlton. From Sheryfa Luna to S.H.E. Okay, maybe not as much range as my sister, but still a much wider range than people my age today. The thing is: music has been a big part of my family, my personality, my life, my upbringing - I can't ever remember a time when there wasn't music in my house. Although I am not a very good singer (that's actually putting it nicely), I don't let that inhibit me from bursting into song as I walk, or crooning into my showerhead as I wash.

I think music is one of the biggest happy-makers in the world. Forget exercise, it's music that sets you free! And also, depending on what mood you're in, you can always fit it to whatever song. As of right now, I have 5246 songs on my iTunes. It tells me that it would take 14.4 days in order to get through my whole iTunes, and is a whopping 33.03 GB. My aim is to have 6000 songs by the end of 2011. Hmm... I wonder how many GBs that is.

Okay, yesterday I blogged about this project I'm embarking on. For further reference, please see the previous post, I'm too lazy to repeat myself. Anway, today's letter is supposed to be addressed to "Your Crush". I'll be honest, I have no idea what to write for this because I have no crush right now. So, instead of writing to an actual crush, I'll address this to what my future crush might be like.

Dear Crush,

You do not exist yet, but I'm sure you will one day. And when that day comes, I hope you'll know exactly what you're supposed to be like.

I like someone who can make me laugh and I can make laugh. Basically, when I'm having an off day, you've got to crack a random joke that's so lame it's funny (very important skill to have). I need someone who's smart. My crush would never be some idiot who needs three seconds to discern his right hand from the left. You'd be able to carry out an intelligent conversation (or argument) about the merits of modern literature or nature vs. nurture.

My requirements are not too many. They're mainly just common sense. But if you're ever going to ome out of hiding, those are two basic rules you must follow. But don't be too daunted by my official tone, I'm really quite a nice person - most of the time.

Exist soon!

Calista


Well, that was strange. This project is not as fun as I'd hoped, but I'll try sticking to it. I'm afraid this is rather a short post, but as I still did nothing yesterday, I have extra to catch up today. The weekend's whizzed by again and it'll be Monday (Boo! Hiss!) before I know it (tomorrow...).

Whoever's reading (not many), good luck for whatever trials you may face. We are all strong enough to carry through. Much love!

- Calista

No comments:

Post a Comment