Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday Afternoon


Wow. The weekend's already nearly over - that's crazy! I feel like it's hardly begun. Naturally, this very bad news for me. I basically wasted away my Friday night and Saturday. More POOS! Okay, okay. What do I still have to do?

-English Homework
-Maths Homework
-History Essay
-Piano
-Chinese Homework
-Chemistry Homework
-Physics Homework
-Other

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have watched Pride & Prejudice last night. Now look at me! That was basically my woe-is-me speech. Effective, no?

I understand the concept of homework: it's supposed to help you remember work you completed in class so you can retain the knowledge for an extended period of time (as opposed to just learning and forgetting, I suppose). But homework is just so annoying! I never seem to have enough time. And on top of all that, my room is resembling a pigsty (for the umpteenth time). I need to air it out. It stinks like anything.

Do others have the same problem I have? Time management, that is. I am just plain ol' awful at it. Inside, I know what should come first (priority is not an issue). And yet, I watch a movie instead of finishing that homework. Why? That's my other problem: procrastination.

Procrastination and I go waaaay back. I have gotten so good at it I should write a book like The Art of Procrastination or Procrastination 101. I just seem to love putting things off. For instance, let's take a metaphorical peek in my brain. This is my inner conversation with myself.

God, there's so much unfinished homework. But it's okay. I can still get it done. There's enough time. I'll allot an hour for English and 45 minuted for M- ooh! I haven't seen Mean Girls in a while! The best way to enjoy studying is probably working while I watch! Besides, isn't it, like, scientifically proven that women can multi-task better anyway?

Let me just say that science doesn't count me. I cannot, under any circumstances, multi-task. So I might start off thinking like that and being all pumped to complete my mountain of work, but end up abandoning my supposed 'one hour worth' of English in favor of laughing at Lilo on my computer. It doesn't work out. EVER.

In fact, just blogging right now is another form (yes, there are many forms for me) of procrastination. I have no desire to face the History essay I was supposed to finish on Friday, so I am blogging out my stress. It's calming me down, but it's not getting my work done: basically useless.

If I want to earn money for my travel dream, I need good qualifications (as stated in my previous post). And to gain good qualifications I need a good university. To get into a good university I need good grades now. And unless I step up my game (like, really step it up) there's no way I'm ever gonna get to Greece (one of my dream destinations). Or Switzerland, or Germany, or Japan, or South Korea, or France, or Italy, or China.

So, for the sake of future, I am going to stop blogging/procrastinating now and get on with it. I need to thoroughly reorganize myself.

- Calista.

No comments:

Post a Comment