Saturday, October 9, 2010

(insert interesting title here)

Okay, I am procrastinating again. My emotions have settled down somewhat... I'm calmer now. I was feeling really heavy earlier (I refrain from using the word "depressed" because not only is that word overrated, but also lessens the meaning associated with actual depression - the mental illness).

I think it's impossible to be happy all the time. Even robots can't be programmed to be eternally blissful. Sadness, anger, emotions are what make us human - these are what define us and give humanity their unique traits. In the end, we are all the same, just a film of skin covering an intricate order of flesh and bones and threadlike arteries. What makes us different isn't just the physical differences - it's the emotions, ideas that each individual possesses. It's so cliched to say "it's what on the inside that counts". I don't think that's entirely accurate, but I do find truth in that statement.

In fact, we should all look for more truth in most things. Over the past millennium or so, humans have evolved into cynical entities, always suspicious and doubting. No matter what they are doubting: be it their own opinion, their friends, gut feelings - we are no longer the trusting and (kind of) innocent race that once was. It is sad to see so much hatred in the world, but this is all beyond our control - or any one individual. We accept that. But individually, we might learn to love and trust a bit more. Fling away that cynicism! We shall emerge anew, refreshed, with bright ideas floating amongst our empty brains!

I start things I cannot finish - one of my many weaknesses.

I'm getting confused at what my point was.

I think I'll finish this some other time (procrastinating procrastination, if you will).

- Calista.

No comments:

Post a Comment